The United States military has destroyed six Iranian small boats and intercepted Iranian cruise missiles and drones fired by the Islamic Republic as a part of its ongoing operation to free up the Strait of Hormuz for shipping, Admiral Brad Cooper, the head of the Central Command (CENTCOM) announced on May 4.
Cooper said that he “strongly advised” Iranian forces to remain clear of U.S. military assets as it launches the operation. He noted that a U.S. blockade of Iran that prevents ships from going to Iran or departing Iranian territory also remains in effect and is exceeding expectations.
A day earlier, President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. will begin an effort to “guide” stranded ships out of the Strait of Hormuz — a choke point for around 20 percent of global oil and liquefied natural gas. CENTCOM launched “Project Freedom” in line with this.
Iran has attacked three vessels close to the United Arab Emirates, and even renewed its strikes on the Gulf nation since the start of the U.S. operation.
The Islamic Republic also fired cruise missiles, rockets and combat drones near U.S. Navy vessels crossing the Strait of Hormuz as a warning. It also denied an announcement by CENTCOM that two U.S.-flagged merchant vessels had successfully transited through the waterway.
Acknowledging recent Iranian attacks, Trump claimed that the U.S. military destroyed seven, not just six, Iranian small boats.
“Iran has taken some shots at unrelated Nations with respect to the Ship Movement, PROJECT FREEDOM, including a South Korean Cargo Ship. Perhaps it’s time for South Korea to come and join the mission!,” Trump wrote on Truth Social.
“We’ve shot down seven small Boats or, as they like to call them, ‘fast’ Boats. It’s all they have left. Other than the South Korean Ship, there has been, at this moment, no damage going through the Strait,” he added.
However, a senior Iranian military official dismissed U.S. claims about sinking Iranian boats in the Strait of Hormuz as “false,” according to state broadcaster IRIB.
Earlier, Trump warned that Iran will be “blown off the face of the earth,” if U.S. Navy vessels are attacked around the Strait of Hormuz.
“We have more weapons and ammunition at a much higher grade than we had before,” he told Fox News. “We have the best equipment. We have stuff all over the world. We have these bases all over the world. They’re all stocked up with equipment. We can use all of that stuff, and we will, if we need it.”
For the first time since the start of the ceasefire both the U.S. and Iran appear to be ready to resume fighting. In addition, the Israeli military has also raised its readiness, according to Hebrew media. The war could resume within a few days, if not hours.
It is unclear if the Trump administration miscalculated and didn’t expect an Iranian response to their operation in the Strait of Hormuz, or if the operation was launched in order to reignite the war.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence
NOW hosted at southfront.press
Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.
The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation
Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com




all hell is about to break loose in the arabian golf.
chumpo is desperate and clueless. he is senile and living in a fantasy world, holding negotiations and doing deals with roger the rabbit.
the usadmin is desperate for other nations to join their crusade. without local help the usadmin doesn’t stand a chance. they know it. the irgc is just waiting for a us war ship to come within range. when it does, it may be swarmed with more than it can handle. the pr leverage would be massive. the usadmin walked away from ukraine to assist in a genocide with an apartheid state. is this what the usadmin mean by project freedom?
trump has arrived between a rock and a hard place thanks to his own action. however he gets out of that self-created situation, it will be a painful experience!
bull! this is put out because somewhere a us patrol boat has 2 big holes in it and they’re trying to save face with yet more lies. no pictures, no confirmation from iran, no trust!
but here’s the thing … donny had no troubles in recording each and every one of it’s assassinations off the coast of venezuela last year — for fahclst amerika not to do the same with this lends lie to his blather.
pure unadulterated bs from the big mac e triple fries regime of epstein and associates. they probably blew up one of trumpturd’s rubber duckies!
they blew up civilian boats in their blind wrath.
didn’t happen, i call bs.
there goes southfront with its pro american writing style again.
just admit that you are an american mole. not the same southfront that got banned.
340 million feminized insecure ugly donald trumps submissively swallow hebrew jizz—we paper tigers humiliated except in our gay bars where victory is jizz in my anuz
“central command announced” lol. why you guys going off the word of the lying us government? the war was supposed to had been over already with irans navy and air force completely destroyed already, so what boats are they hitting? did they die and come back to life or is the us government lying about destroying them, which leads you to believe they are lying about other things as well. come on sf. i’m starting to wonder about you lot.
my lgbt navy sink canoe call it iran frigate
cooper – another bloviating burgerland hillbilly who’s exceptionalism comes from his detachment from reality.
they don’t go far from their ‘roots’. 🃏💩🤧
syphilis has probably eaten trump’s brain. and then came bibi to eat the rest of him alive.