New Report Reveals Most U.S. Middle East Bases Were Damaged By Iran

Click to see full-size image. (X)

An investigation published by CNN on May 1 found that at least 16 United States military facilities across eight countries in the Middle East were damaged in Iranian strikes during the war.

According to an investigation, some of the facilities targeted in Kuwait, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Iraq are currently unusable.

“I have never seen anything like this at U.S. bases,” a person familiar with the matter told CNN. “These were fast and precise strikes, using advanced technology.”

Iranian strikes targets included advanced aircraft, among them the U.S. E-3 Sentry airborne early warning and control, known as “the eyes of the United States in the Gulf,” which was destroyed at Prince Sultan Air Base in Saudi Arabia; critical communications equipment, including facilities destroyed at Camp Arifjan in Kuwait; and radar systems, such as those damaged at Muwaffaq Salti Air Base in Jordan.

“Our radar systems are our most expensive and most limited asset in the region,” the source who spoke with CNN said, explaining the extent of damage.

Other American facilities hit in the Iranian strikes included Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, which was struck in two separate attacks, Naval Support Activity Bahrain and Camp Buehring in Kuwait.

CNN attributed the accuracy of the strikes to the 2024 secretly Iranian purchase of a Chinese TEE-014 satellite — a major upgrade over the satellites the Islamic Republic had used until then. The satellite gave it the ability to view American facilities with remarkable precision.

In response to the investigation, a Pentagon official said: “We do not discuss battle damage assessments from the war for security reasons. Our forces remained fully operational, and we continue to carry out our mission with the same level of readiness and effectiveness.”

On April 29, Jules “Jay” Hurst, the Pentagon’s top financial officer, told lawmakers from the House Armed Services Committee that the U.S. military has spent roughly $25 billion on the war with Iran since it began in late February.

However, the very next day, CNN reported citing three people familiar with the matter that the number given by Hurst was just a lowball figure that does not include the cost of repairing extensive damage suffered by American facilities in the Middle East.

One of the sources said the real cost estimate is closer to $40-50 billion when accounting for the costs of rebuilding American facilities and replacing destroyed assets.

The cost on the side of Israel, which pushed for the war in the first place, remains unknown, but there is no doubt it much less than that of the U.S.

CNN’s investigation came nearly a month after the ceasefire with Iran began. Diplomatic efforts led by Pakistan are yet to produce any result, and all recent reports indicate that the U.S. military is preparing to resume the war, possibly with ground operations inside Iran. This will rise not just the financial cost, but also the human one.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence

NOW hosted at southfront.press

Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.

The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation

Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com

SOUTHFRONT.PRESS

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

 

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
11 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Vanya

looks like my anuz after my. visit to 5 tel aviv gay bars yesterday

whatajoke

25 billion does not account for any of the damage lies lies more lies

Peter Jennings

the usadmin do not want their true losses to be known just yet as this would spoil the trumpster’s mid terms and he will lose his position to someone who will carry on in exactly the same way. it’s a funny old corrupted, manipulated world.

kotromanic

no the new one will be totally different he will continue the same but give it a new name and a new story.

Peter Jennings

yeah, you could be right. i guess the ptb do have to maintain some sort of illusion of choice.

japie

second phase all the missile that re going to fall in israel will be loaded with cluster heads to cause more servere irreparable damage usa warships will burn with lundry faults of trump mind until he wakes up in hell with his faulse prophets angel and sandur.

Last edited 20 days ago by japie
tom🤡sawyer

americunt paper tiger pathetic–my taliban therapist refer to multi gay bars in detroit

Christopher

iranian ‘shock and awe’, and now the us doesn’t know what to do.

kotromanic

so thats the confirmation of what the pro russian blogs have allready shown and told in the past weeks right from the lions den.

the narrative

according to us eye witness troops, the bases no had useful defense capabilities. the patriot missile batteries were ineffective against iranian systems. sitting duck soldiers in all regional bases are all only cannon fodder in iranians warfare capabilities. china and russia also share this. a defeat for sure. the us can no longer assemble or occupy the region. period ! but the us is stupid, so expect stupidity as the rule

tom🇮🇷sawyer

i ask trump deport me iran so i can swallow persian jizz