Houthis Strike Back: Over 30 Operations Target Saudi Arabia and Its Allies

File image.

Yemen’s Houthis (Ansar Allah) revealed on August 19 that they had carried out 31 military operations against Saudi Arabia and its allies within the past month.

In a statement, Houthi military spokesman Brig. Gen. Yahya Saree said the operations were aimed at restricting Saudi maritime navigation, striking Saudi military deployments, and responding to alleged violations of Yemeni sovereignty.

“The Yemeni Armed Forces have today become strong enough to impose their own equations, and with God’s help, we have managed to impose three equations: The first equation is siege-for-siege, where we have imposed a tight blockade on the enemy that does not allow a single ship to pass. The second equation is striking Saudi military buildups wherever they are. The third equation is protecting Yemen’s sovereignty and confronting any breaches by the enemy,” Saree said.

In the period from July 20 to August 19, Houthi forces targeted eight Saudi oil tankers, including five in the Red Sea and three in the Gulf of Aden and the Arabian Sea, according to the spokesman.

He also said that the group had prevented 48 Saudi oil tankers from traversing regional waterways, including 14 in the Red Sea and 34 in the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean.

Saree also revealed that the Houthis had conducted nine operations against targets located in the Saudi regions of Yanbu, Najran, Jizan and Abha, as well as against oil facilities in Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province. The attacks, he said, were carried out in response to earlier Saudi strikes on Yemen’s Sanaa airport and Hodeidah seaport, and alleged Saudi airspace violations over Yemen’s Saada and Hajjah regions.

Other operations targeted Saudi military deployments in Yemen’s Ruwik, al-Abr, al-Wadiah, Marib and Mocha regions, and Saudi vessels allegedly transporting military personnel and equipment, according to the spokesman.

He claimed that the combined operations left hundreds of Saudi and Saudi-backed fighters killed or injured, including officers, and destroyed significant amounts of military equipment.

The group also claimed to have sunk – or otherwise neutralized – two amphibious landing ships near Mocha and more than 10 military vessels in the Red Sea.

Saree went on to warn Saudi Arabia against any further escalation, vowing that “total escalation” will be met with “total escalation.”

“The Saudi regime has no choice but to lift the siege and implement what has been agreed upon — lifting the blockade, ending the aggression, paying salaries, the withdrawal of the occupiers, and leaving the wealth of the Yemeni people to the entire people,” the spokesman concluded.

While Saudi Arabia has refrained from launching any strikes against the Houthis in recent weeks, the kingdom’s allies in the internationally recognized Yemeni government have been escalating their attacks, pushing the country’s ceasefire closer to collapse than at any point since it took effect more than four years ago.

According to recent reports, Saudi Arabia is preparing an offensive against the Houthis, including a potential ground operation. The Houthis’ latest statement may be the group’s final warning.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence

NOW hosted at southfront.press

Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.

The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation

Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com

SOUTHFRONT.PRESS

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
1 Comment
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
the narrative

good news for planet earth! saudi arabia is greater israel, like egypt. the us bases are disabled as iranian cannon fodder. any supply issues the globalist rental army might have are welcome. the houthi will not surrender.