At least four people were killed early on April 2 when a series of strikes carried out by the United States military targeted the western Yemeni province of al-Hodeidah, which is controlled by the Houthis (Ansar Allah), according to the Al-Masirah TV.
The Houthi-affiliated news channel said that the strikes hit a water management building in the district of al-Mansouriyah, adding that the casualties were all civilian workers.
Overnight more U.S. strikes were reported by Al-Masirah, with five targeting the northern province of Sadaa, the heartland of the Houthis, three targeting the northwestern province of Hajjah and five targeting the region around the Yemeni capital, Sanaa.
The U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) resumed strikes against Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen on March 15 on orders from President Donald Trump, who said that the large-scale operation was launched in response to the group’s renewed attacks on shipping in the Red Sea.
The command didn’t committee on the recent deadly strikes. However, it was confirmed in a post to the X social network on April 1 that its forces were still attacking Houthi positions in Yemen.
Two videos released by CENTCOM showed the launch of a Tomahawk land-attack cruise missile from an unidentified warship as well as F/A-18 fighter jets taking off from the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman which is currently deployed in the Red Sea.
The U.S. operation against the Houthis has so far claimed the lives of 65 people, including commanders of the group and civilians. However, the group continues to launch attacks.
On March 31, Houthi air defenses shot down an MQ-9 Reaper combat drone of the U.S. military over the central Yemeni province of Ma’rib. Video footage showing the wreckage of the drone, which cost upwards of $30 millions, was shared by the group the next day.
Even amid the deadly strikes on al-Hodeidah early on April 2, the Houthis announced that they had attacked USS Harry S. Truman and several other warships of the U.S. Navy in the Red Sea with a number of cruise missiles and suicide drones.
“The [Yemeni] Armed Forces’ operations against the American enemy continue, targeting its warships in the declared operational area at an escalating pace, God willing,” Houthi military spokesman Brigadier General Yahya Saree said in a statement, stressing that the group’s operations against Israel and affiliated shipping will also go on “until the aggression against Gaza is halted and the blockade is lifted.”
So far, the Houthis have shown remarkable resolve in the face of U.S. strikes. However , Washington will not likely back down. In fact, Trump could further expand the ongoing operation, for example by ordering bomber strikes or even ground raids.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence
NOW hosted at southfront.press
Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.
The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation
Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com
the american jewish empire is going down. they will be banging their fists in frustration, but there is absolutely nothing they can do to reverse it. they failed to defeat the taliban and houthis. how do they think they were going to win against russia, china and iran? hahahahahahahahahahahaha
expect more juvenile twitter tantrums from chumpo. he’s putting tariffs on most of the world today, including satellite countries. smoot-hawley 2,0.
just another genocidal adventure by the united epsteins of trump!!!
a disgusting waste of american military resources and senseless loss of prestige in an undeclared war for zionism.
trump the peace president said he could solve the houthi with a phone call when still a candidate . all israel has to do is follow the cease fire agreement they violated . but israel has performed 27 listed genocides on palestinians since 1948 , the un will have the records . the illegal bombings will continue until some boats sink . the houthi are capable of improvement at any time .
seems big mistake to have elected that warmongering trump and his psycho regime. it seems they are threatening and killing people in foreign countries more now than during biden presidency.